Netflix Korea officially announced the return of its flagship dating reality show, “Single’s Inferno,” for a third season set to air in December.
“Single’s Inferno,” which premiered its first season in December 2021, caught more-than-expected attention from both domestic and global viewers. After such success, the streaming service made a 10-part second season last year.
The project became the first-ever Korean non-scripted show to reach the No. 5 slot on Netflix’s ranking of its most popular TV series.
Contestants such as Song Ji-ah and Kim Jin-young, more widely known by their nicknames FreeZia and Dex, rose to instant popularity after the show, propelling them to subsequent appearances on other television programs.
The original panel -- model Hong Jin-kyung, Super Junior’s Kyuhyun, rapper Hanhae and actor Lee Da-hee aside, Dex joins the upcoming show as an additional host, presenting the classic elements of a reality dating show with his own experiences from season 2.
“Single’s Inferno” revolves around 10 single contestants hoping to escape a deserted island as couples.
- Spicing up the world: Samyang’s Buldak series makes global waves
- EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
- Drug crimes in Seoul most common in Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae: study
- Drugs smuggled in through Incheon Airport surge since pandemic: lawmaker
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
- 'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide